Hubzone Program Examination Service
2,000 + Certified
We live and breath Hubzone Certification. Our success rate is over 99% for clients we pre-qualify.
We have hundreds of real references you can contact to verify our process and their success.
19+ Years of Experience
We have been helping small businesses get certified and maintain their eligibility since 1999.
What is this service and who should consider it?
This service is designed for the small business owner who is Hubzone Certified by the SBA, has received a notice of program examination and needs and expert to complete the program examination process for them.
A business certified in the SBA’s Hubzone Program must complete a program examination when requested to remain a qualified Hubzone Program participant.
We determine your current state of eligibility for the Hubzone Program.
As we receive your requested information, we review each individual element, line by line, to make sure everything meets the Hubzone Program eligibility requirements. If potential issues or questions are found, we alert you immediately and let you know the workaround to any issue or question that might be brought up by the SBA.
Submit & Support.
At the end of the examination process, we upload your Hubzone documents for review by the SBA. Should your SBA reviewer request any additional information needed to complete their review, we will draft and respond to all SBA requests as part of our service.
Upon engaging us for the Hubzone Program Examination Service, we will send you a brief questionnaire along with a list of any documents required to show that you maintain eligibility within the SBA Hubzone Program.
We will thoroughly review all items to make sure your firm is compliant with the Hubzone requirements.
If we discover any Hubzone program eligibility issues, we will provide you with suggestions to immediately overcome them.
Cloveer will upload all program examination documents as requested by the SBA.
Eligibility Criteria 1:
Your business concern’s principal office must be located in a qualified SBA designated Hubzone. Search the SBA’s Mapping system and verify if your principal office is located in a qualified SBA designated Hubzone.
- Definition of Principal Office:
Principal office is defined as the location where the greatest number of the business concern’s employees at any one location perform their work. However, for those business concerns whose primary industry is service or construction, the determination of principal office excludes the business concern’s employees who perform the majority of their work at job-site locations to fulfill specific contract obligations.
If you help understanding this requirement please read our article on “Understanding the Hubzone 35% residency and principal office requirements“.
Eligibility Criteria 2:
Your business concern must be at least 51% unconditionally and directly owned and controlled by persons who are US citizens.
- Definition of unconditionally and directly owned and controlled:
Unconditionally and directly ownership means directly owning at least 51% of the business concern. Ownership must be direct and cannot be through another business or trust, unless the trust is revocable and you are the sole grantor and trustee of the trust. Control means both the day-to-day management and long term decision making authority for the business concern. Generally, you should be the highest ranking officer of the business too.
Eligibility Criteria 3:
35% of your business concern’s employees must reside in an SBA designated Hubzone.
- Definition of Employee and Reside:
Employee means all individuals employed on a full-time, part-time, or other basis, so long as that individual works a minimum of 40 hours per month. This includes employees obtained from a temporary employee agency, leasing concern, or through a union agreement or co-employed pursuant to a professional employer organization agreement. SBA will consider the totality of the circumstances, including criteria used by the IRS for Federal income tax purposes and those set forth in SBA’s Size Policy Statement No. 1, in determining whether individuals are employees of a concern. Volunteers (i.e., individuals who receive deferred compensation or no compensation, including no in-kind compensation, for work performed) are not considered employees. However, if an individual has an ownership interest in and works for the business a minimum of 40 hours per month, that owner is considered an employee regardless of whether or not the individual receives compensation. Reside means to live in a primary residence at a place for at least 180 days, or as a currently registered voter, and with the intent to live there indefinitely.
Again, if you help understanding this requirement please read our article on “Understanding the Hubzone 35% residency and principal office requirements“.
Eligibility Criteria 4:
Your business concern must be classified as a small business as defined by the SBA.
- Definition of Small Business:
Small business means the business concern, with its affiliates, must meet the size standard corresponding to its primary industry classification.
Eligibility Criteria 5:
Certify that when performing a Hubzone contract, at least 35% of your employees continue to reside in an SBA designated Hubzone. If your concern is owned by an Indian Tribal Government, 35% of your employees engaged in performing that contract must reside within an SBA designated Hubzone. You must “attempt” to maintain the 35% requirement throughout the life of the contract.
- Attempt to Maintain
This means that the business can fall below 35% without withdrawing, and losing its contract but must be making efforts to return to the 35% number, such as posting employment positions, etc. The SBA can de-certify a firm that does not makes efforts to regain its 35% Hubzone employee requirement.
Keep in mind that each Hubzone Application is unique and document requirements vary for each Hubzone Application. Below is a general list of items that will need to be included within your Hubzone Program Examination. Your unique application may require additional items not specified below.
- Proof of Citizenship [at least 51% owned by U.S. citizen(s)]
- Corporate Documents
- Firm’s Location List
- Lease/Rental Agreement or Deed
- Utility Bill
- Contractor(s) List (if applicable)
- Employee List
- 35% Employee and PO Calculator Spreadsheet
- Identification and Hubzone Map Proof of Residence for Hubzone Residents
- Payroll Records
- Signed Hubzone Program Certification Signature Sheet
Hubzone Program Examinations must be submitted within 30 days of receiving a request to do so.
Once the documents are uploaded to the SBA, it will take approximately 60-90 days to be notified of a decision by the SBA.
We have a 100% success rate with Program Examinations. The reason we are so successful is because we make sure our clients are fully compliant during every Hubzone renewal and provide guidance on remaining compliant.
1. We live and breath Hubzone Certification!
- We keep up to date on all of the latest daily SBA Hubzone Program changes.
- We have a detailed understanding of the current SBA Hubzone Regulations.
- We review all of the latest SBA OHA (Office of Hearings and Appeals) cases on Hubzone Certification.
2. We have a very strong success rate!
- We maintain a success rate of over 99% for clients we qualify.
- We have assisted thousands of small businesses to achieve and maintain their Hubzone Program Certification.
- We have real references to back up our success rate, that you can contact.
3. We have 19+ years of experience within the Hubzone Program!
- All services performed are by Cloveer employees, not outside contractors, like some of our competitors.
- We just don’t offer Hubzone Certification Completion Services. We offer review and renewal services too.
- Our principals (Rick and Monica Otero) worked in their family’s 8(a) Certified business (RJO Enterprises). It was one of the country’s most successful 8(a), high-tech, information technology and electronics concerns. It was recognized for five consecutive years as one of the fastest growing companies in the nation, by Inc. Magazine.
4. We won’t waste your time!
- We attempt to pre-qualify all potential clients for our Hubzone Application Service. We are not interested in wasting your time or ours if you do not qualify.
- When you ask a question, you will get a straight answer with no double talk.
- Even if you don’t qualify we will identify the workaround to your specific issue(s) so you can apply down the road, if possible.
5. We believe in Customer Service!
- We believe in treating every client with the respect they deserve as a small business.
- Our service agreements guarantee protection of your confidential information.
- All information provided to us is protected on our secure server and will never be shared with anyone.
Finally. We are the best Hubzone Program consultant that is available on the market. The others just try to emulate us.
The fee to complete the Hubzone Program Examination is: $1,200.00.
This is fee payable in one installment.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and Checks for payment.
Request a Service Agreement, if you are ready to proceed.